Top 30 Most Inspiring Quotes About Depression

We all know what depression is and how painful it can be! Depression is considered as the most common mental health problem in the world. People from all types, ages and occupations may experience depression for at least one time in their life. Even the teenagers and children also suffer experience depression before an older age. As we grow older, the world keeps being challenging for us. We start missing our peaceful childhood, we desire to go back to our most amazing memory.

 Life becomes difficult, pressure and anxiety comes. We have to survive them to live the life. People who can't survive, consider committing suicide the easiest way to escape. But ending life is never the solution. Bad days never last forever. But, living with the pains can be too daunting sometimes. We all have different problems in our life. Not everyone shows that up, not everyone talks about it. Maybe our problems and situations are different, but at the end of the day we all keep fighting with them. 

Sometimes, we feel really tired while fighting with these problems. We tend to run away from our life but again we cannot do so. If you're one of those people, who are tired with having problems in their life, then maybe this article can help you somehow. In today's article, you're going to discover 50 awesome quotes about depression and sadness that may not reduce your pain but may bring some hope in your life.


So if you're interested, then continue reading to the end. 

 

Pin it please... 


Loving my work?? Consider supporting me !!!!

Support me on pinterest

Like my facebook page

Support me on twitter

Support me on instagram 

 

Related Articles:

Top 10 ways to cope with depression

Top 10 ways to stay motivated 

Top 10 reasons of teenage depression 

How parents can help their depressed child 

Top 10 warning signs of low self esteem and lack of self confidence 

Top 10 highly effective ways to be self confident 

Top 7 things you can say to boost your depressed friend 

Top 10 things not to do when you're depressed 

Top 10 things not to say to a depressed person

Top 10 highly effective tips to get rid of overthinking and anxiety disorder 

Top 10 Warning Signs of Depression 

Top 10 Most Common Myths About Depression

 

Top 30 most inspiring quotes about depression

 

1. "Every man has his secret sorrows which the world knows not ; and often times we call a man cold when he is sad." - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.

2. "I didn't want to wake up. I was having a much better time when I was asleep. And that's really sad. It was almost like a reverse nightmare, like when you wake up from a nightmare you're so relieved, I woke up into a nightmare." - Ned Vizzini.

3. "There are wounds that never show on the body that are deeper and more hurtful than anything that bleeds." - Laurell K. Hamilton.

4. "Depression on my left, loneliness on my right, They don't need to show me their badges. I know these guys well." - Elizabeth Gilbert.

5. "Keep yourself busy if you want to avoid depression. For me, inactivity is the enemy." - Matt Lucas.

6. "At times, I feel overwhelmed and my depression leads me into darkness." - Dorothy Hamill.

7. "Depression taught me the importance of compassion and hard work, and that you can overcome enormous obstacles." - Rob Delaney.

8. "You largely constructed your depression. It wasn't given to you. Therefore you can deconstruct it."- Albert Ellis.

9. "Depression is living in a body that fights to survive, with a mind that tries to die." -Danny Baker.

10. "Perhaps depression is caused by asking oneself too many unanswerable question." - Miriam Toews.

11. "The only thing more exhausting than being depressed is pretending that you're not." - Unknown.

12. "It's so difficult to describe depression to someone who's never been there, because it's not sadness. I know sadness. Sadness is to cry and to feel. But, it's that cold absence of feeling - hollowed - out feeling." - J. K. Rowling

13. "I was so scared to give up depression, fearing that somehow the worst part of me as actually all of me." - Elizabeth Wurtzel.

14. "I used to be good friends with my depression, saying oh I'm so depressed, or life is terrible." - Tony Curtis

15. "A depressing and difficult passage has prefaced every page I have turned in my life." - Charlotte Bronte

16. "Depression is, in part, grief for your own life not turning out how it should ; grief for own needs not being met." - Johann Hari

17. "Depression lies . It tells you you've always felt this way and you always will. But you haven't and you won't." - Halley Cornell.

18. "Many depressed people can only see their pains, and their hurts, and their resentments, and their failures. They can't see the blue sky and the yellow leaves. you know?" - Bill Richards.

19. "Every thought a person dwells upon, whether he expresses it or not, either damages or improves his life." - Lucy Mallory.

20. "I'll never forget how the depression and loneliness felt good and bad at the same time and still does." - Henry Rollins.

21. "That's how depression hits. You wake up one morning, afraid that you're gonna live." - Elizabeth Wurtzel.

22. "Enthusiasm is followed by disappointment and even depression, and then by renewed enthusiasm." - Murray Gell- Mann

23. "Depression is frustrating. It's knowing there's so much to be grateful for and happy about and to enjoy, but you just can't get there." -Allie Griffin.

24. "There are times when explanations, no matter how reasonable, just don't seems to help." - Fred Rogers.

25. "Depression isn't about 'Woe is me, my life is this, that and the other', it's like having the worst flu all day that you can't kick." - Robbie Williams.

26. "If you desire to heal, let yourself fall ill, let yourself fall ill." - Rumi

27. "Depression is a constant feeling of being numb. Being numb to emotions, being numb to life, You wake up in the morning just to go to bed again." - Anonymous.

28. "Depression, for me has been a couple of different things - but the first time I felt it, I felt helpless, hopeless, and things I had never felt before. I lost myself and my will to live." - Ginger Zee.

29. "Dealing with depression effectively is a mark not of weakness, but of strength." - Andrew Solomon.

30. "Maybe we all have darkness inside of us and some of us are better at dealing it than others." - Jasmine Warga.


My final thoughts: All of the quotes you found here are completely real and have been told by great and awesome people in the history of the world. These quotes are not only inspiring but experienced in real life. Even though, quotes will never make a big change or will heal you completely or will never reduce all of your pains and problems , but these quotes may at least remind you that having pains for now doesn't mean that you can't have a good day. After all, "this is a bad day, but not a bad life 🙂

 

 Pin it please..


Loving my work?? Consider supporting me !!!!

Support me on pinterest

Like my facebook page

Support me on twitter

Support me on instagram 

 

That was all for today's article. Let me know in comment about your favorite quote among all of these. If you liked it, then please share it with others who can find it useful. "Sharing is caring" 🙌

Comments

  1. I can't imagine what depression can do to someone. I haven't experienced anything like that. But these quotes really put a light on the subject. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do have a lot of inspiring quotes here. I know depression isn't easy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving all these quotes! Depression is so hard for people and if we can find a way to just help one person, I think we would have such a better understanding of how people really do feel. This is one of my favorite inspirational quotes: 24. "There are times when explanations, no matter how reasonable, just don't seem to help." - Fred Rogers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found the quote that said we constructed our depression ourselves so we can deconstruct it empowering!

    ReplyDelete
  5. For people who have never experience depression these will help me be able to describe how it feels. Depression is real and hard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all helpful quotes to fight against depression. As someone who has experienced it, I'd say talking it over to a friend or a family helps a lot

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dealing with depression is not a weakness, it is indeed a strength.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are good thoughts when it comes to this topic. I enjoyed reading your collection of quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Depression is something many do not know how to relate to. Since they haven't experienced it, they do not realize that it isn't just something you can snap out of. I think most all of these quotes are wonderful! I was diagnosed with bi-polar over 10 years ago and I wouldn't wish the depression that comes with it on anyone. With the right medication someone can live a great life with depression.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoyed reading these qoutes. Depression must be tough.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing this extremely informative post. I appreciate your perspective and very interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Depression it's a subject that people are afraid to talk about and almost all people suffer of depression and they don't know and now im happy to start seeing a lot of people share their opinion about this topic Thank you for sharing this article with us it's very interesting and this is the quote that I liked more on your post "I'll never forget how the depression and loneliness felt good and bad at the same time and still does." - Henry Rollins.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great post and great quotes - definitely worth saving a few to affirm on those really bad days.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are the quotes we need to not feel we are alone. Thanks for sharing these beautiful and inspiring quotes

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is what I need to read right now. These quotes are really helpful in fighting depression

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love these and alot of them I hadn't heard before. Inspiring but also sad in that I can relate entirely.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome and inspiring quotes, thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those are all wonderful selection of quotes and may these words help anyone even just a little bit. Thanks for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Depression is not an easy thing to overcome. Those are all great list of inspiring post and hopefully helps people out.

    ReplyDelete
  20. "Depression lies . It tells you you've always felt this way and you always will. But you haven't and you won't." - Halley Cornell. That's the one for me!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and views as well as quotes on depression. Mental health is something we need to talk openly about.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top 10 highly effective tips to gain respect from others [Part-4]

Top 10 highly effective tips to gain respect from others [Part-3]

Top 10 Highly Effective Tips to Gain Respect From Others [Part-5]

Top 10 highly effective tips to gain respect from others [Part-2]

Top 10 most common phobias in the world

Top 10 highly effective tips to gain respect from others

Top 10 Highly Effective Tips To Gain Respect From Others [Part-6]